Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Dr Zakir denied entrance into the UK

Dr. Zakir Naik is denied entry into the UK by the British government. He is now unable to attend his Peace Conference Tour around UK (25th to 27th of June). Following to this ban by the British government, here is what Dr Zakir Naik said:

"Following on from the recent malicious and specious reports in the British media about my work, I am disappointed to learn the British Government has decided to exclude me from coming to UK to conduct a Peace Conference Tour between 25th-27th June 2010. Despite this I intend to continue my work of interfaith dialogue; Coming together upon common terms with other people and faith groups to promote a greater understanding of the binding strands existing between the faiths, whilst dispelling fears, suspicions and misconceptions about the beautiful faith of Islam, that have been created by a media frenzy of Islamophobia. I encourage all Muslims to serve their country with dignity and honour and my message to vulnerable young British Muslims is that terrorism and violent extremism, is totally unacceptable and has no place in Islamic life. I would urge the British Government not to exclude me from visiting the UK but to assist in the promotion of Peace and social harmony, whilst upholding the values of freedom and justice." - Dr Zakir Naik - 17th June 2010

The exclusive interview regarding this issue can be found here.

*Dr Zakir Naik is the president of Islamic Research Foundation (IRF) based in Mumbai.
**This is a senseless and biased call by the British government! Hope they would unlift the ban and show to the world how democratic they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ideas in words by